North Shore Components is always looking for experienced buyers located anywhere around the globe looking to work with a quality driven global leader in distribution and counterfeit mitigation.
This position is primarily responsible for sourcing and purchasing in the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform activities related to the procurement function.
- Manage, monitor and evaluate vendors.
- Evaluate vendor quotations for appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, terms and service.
- Recruit and maintain suppliers that provide high quality products and services at the best price while meeting the required standards.
- Research new vendors for usefulness and new opportunities.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders while negotiating the most favorable terms available.
- Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, escrow agreements and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of terms and items to specifications.
- Manage procurement requests from the sales personnel.
Negotiate complex requests for products or services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Review all sales and purchasing transactions to ensure the best interest of the company.